Literature For the Illiterate »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sleep? Whats that? Pirates should not eat "melt your face off chilli" it makes them late for work. Marley thinks your funny.


Halloween is so awesome. I love this pumpkin carving, it screams Halloween! and also,
I WILL FKN KILL YOU!!

Alright! Last night went pretty good, my only regret is getting a pretty late start, and eating Kristin's chili..(more on that later). Halloween kicked off with me waking up and feeling like complete garbage. I felt like i got in a fight with a flight of stairs, and lost. I was sore all over and my back was aching. Not really sure how that happens, i did nothing out of the ordinary the night before, i even went to bed early and got plenty of sleep. Weird huh? So, i was sluggish and not in a very good mood most of the afternoon, despite knowing what a good day it was going to be. I got over it. Ate, sucked down some Tylenol, chugged a Monster and i was on my way. We got dressed up, Meghyn as Tank Girl and i as ... you guessed it, a Pirate. We headed over to Robyn and Scott's to meet up with family and pass out candy to eager trick or treaters. I was shocked to learn that they were also passing out JTM burgers and hot dogs as well as candy. Where was there house when i was a youngster with a mask? It went well, we ate and grilled and hung out with family and friends. Marley started fussing a bit and i started to get tired again, i guess monster wears off fast, or maybe it was the three jalapeno burgers i ate. So after changing Marleys diaper and her costume from a frog to a giraffe and then back to the frog costume, i was run down, sluggish, and just flat out exhausted. We stayed until 10:30pm then headed to Meghyns parents to put our little starfish to bed. After some nursing, and quiet time, Marley was sound asleep. We left around midnight without our baby girl. This was the first time we were both going out without her, we were a little worried, but she was being left in very capable hands. Thankfully we never got a call saying Marley missed us, she was too busy smiling and farting in her sleep. We pick up Harper and Steve and head to Kentucky. A Pirate, Tank Girl, Random dead guy, and Amy Winehouse walk into a bar and.....oh never mind. We arrive at the party and meet up with a geisha, a psycho doctor, a nurse, a cop, a couple of jokers, and my personal favorite two Bob's. That's right. Dan and Trent were wearing my clothes and had bright red beards glued to there face, and playing poker.. it was hilarious. There wasn't as may people there as i expected, but i think that was for the best. Kristin, in usual fashion, had tons of food. So we ate and drank, and hung out with friends, most of which we had not seen in a while. Good times. You would think I've learned by now that it might not be such a good idea to have a few beers, jello shots, long island, and then more beer on top of a stomach full of jalapeno burgers, but i am not easily deterred. One would also assume that after all that the LAST thing i should do is eat several heaping bowls of Kristin's homemade "Melt your face off Chili" at 4:30am. However as previously stated i am not easily deterred, especially when it comes to food.

Now, I have had plenty of chili in my days, I love it. I blame my dad for getting me strangely addicted to hot/spicy food. This chili on this particular day kicked my ass. It wasn't even the hottest chili Ive ever had, it just had a mean burn i guess. After the first bite i knew i was screwed, my stomach immediately started bubbling trying to tell me what a bad idea this was. I didn't listen, i reasoned that adding sour cream, crackers, corn salsa, and a ton of cheese would balance it out. It didn't. But why stop there? After all, I'm a man and i am hungry, i am a Hungryman! So after a few more bowls of the devils chowder, I'm sweating and i fear the worst has yet to come, i was right. The slow burn gained speed and quickly became a roaring fire, you don't notice this while your eating, only after you stop do you realize what you've done. I think what made it worse (besides the jello shots, uggahh!) was the fact that Kristin then told me that she put 4 habanero peppers in it, yeah. 4 habanero in a pot of chili the size of a crock pot, yikes! That explained the slow burn that progressively got worse, it also explained why my stomach was boiling. I grabbed the closest beer to me, which happend to be of the warm and light persuasion, and tried to enjoy the last few minutes we were there. The party broke up and people shuffled to there cars and drove off into the early morning. We were only a few miles away from dropping Harper and Steve off at home when we got the call, (no not that one) It was VanHero aka Stevie V (no one has ever called him that, but it sounds cool) aka VanAllen, as soon as Steve (Harpers Steve, not VanAllen Steve, that wouldn't make much sense would it?) heard the phone he knew he messed up. He forgot Harpers purse, doh! So we turn around and head south back towards Kentucky. We get the purse, drop off Steve and Harper and head back to rescue our baby from the clutches of warm and fuzzy, safe and sound dream land. Everything worked out, everyone had fun, and everyone got home safe. We crashed, good thing too because i had to be at work in 5 hours, ugh. I over slept and was late for work, who didn't see that coming? All in all it was a damn fine Halloween. I will edit with photos when i get them.

After all that, I can't belive it but i want chili. Trent and I decided we will make chili tomorrow. I guess im just a glutten for punishment. We shall see how it turns out...



In other news...

Do I look like this guy, or does he look like me?




Either way, i really miss playing the drums. I've got my cajon bongo...
and it is awesome. You wouldnt guess it but this drum has lots of good sound. But, i do miss my kit and sometimes you just have to rock out. My set is in Chris O's basement where its been for years, i need to get off my arse and set it up in my basement. I wouldnt be able to play that much or that loud, but it would something.

I leave you with this song for today, its good. Well, i like it anyway :)

4 comments:

MeWkiE said...

Could have been much worse. just think if the 5 habenero chili was laced w/ benefiber..someday that will comeback to haunt her muhahaha.

Anonymous said...

"and everyone got home safe. We crashed,"

<3
tank girl

Anonymous said...

oh and the onlt\y thing that u have in common with that guy is beard and drumming. hes far from faire as thee.

Unknown said...

Good times. Good Friends. Good drinks. Good chili. I hope we all have many more outings as such!!!