Literature For the Illiterate »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Noce's Pizzeria, Irish Pub's and poker gawds/.

OK, so i just finished this blog and somehow deleted it, so here it goes again. Blah! I had pretty decent days off this week. Friday we played poker (surprise). I got knocked out first which sucks but it sucks even more cause i re bought and got knocked out again in three hands. Damn poker gawds. Steve ended up winning, beating Bryan heads up. I'm glad because Steve's a good guy and he plays better than most of us and never seems to win, so goooo Steve! Saturday was not very event full, but while searching the web for fun things to do on my day off I jokingly mentioned to Trent that we should go see the Cheetah Girls because they were in town on Sunday. It turns out Trent's daughter is a huge fan so he decides it would be awesome if he could take her. She lives 4 hours away, but he made it happen and she was a very happy camper. Props to him, that was a definitely a selfless act sir, as i think watching that show would make my head explode. I slept in on Monday which was good. Trent and his daughter stopped by to pick up the tickets to the aforementioned show. She was adorable, and had a little attitude just like her daddy (lol). For the most part Meghyn, Marley and I just lounged around and were just lazy in general. Meghyn found out that a new pizza joint was now open down the street so we make plans to have dinner there, and then take Marley to the Contemporary Arts Center. Later on that evening Luis called and invited us to play poker at his buddy's house. So we decided to play poker in lieu of the arts ( is that bad, nah!) but pizza would never be abandoned. Noce's Pizzeria on North Bend Rd. is pretty damn good. For all you Larosas haters, this place is for you. Thin crispy yet chewy crust, good sauce, light toppings, and stringy cheese, perfect. This is where i will eat pizza from here on out. Meghyn had the chicken parm with pasta, she didn't seem to be impressed with the sauce or pasta, but the chicken was a winner as were the garlic knots. After we filled up we stopped at home for bit then headed to West Chester for the game. It was a cool house and we watched Monday night football and shuffled up. I played tight for a bit, then i busted Meghyn and i felt bad. She re bought and i busted, then i re bought and she busted again. Did not go well for us. I made it to four handed and shoved my crappy stack all in with KJ and Ben snap called and flipped AA. Ouch! The Saints pounded the Packers and we headed home with our sleepy baby. When home and celebrated my losing streak with a Guinness an d went to bed. I totally just skipped Sunday. All that was on Monday. Geez. Alright Sunday we did nothing, except Trent came over on Sunday not Monday. Everything else happened Monday. Yeah, right, OK , So, SUNDAY. We relaxed and ordered BBQ and watched movies, and had a blast just hanging out with each other alone, as in Meghyn and I. Recap done. Now move on !

Thanksgiving is a few days away, which is good, but not for me because i have to work, the suck. At least it will be slow, yay. I'm gonna make my famous green bean casserole for Meghyn to take to her family. I made it last year and they liked it, i thought they were just being nice but Meghyn told me to make it again this year cause they liked it. I make it with fresh green beans by the way, not that canned stuff, YARGH! Sunday after Thanksgiving were hanging out with my family so that should be fun. Maybe I'll make something to take there. Who knows. 10 minutes to go and work is done!

I really want to open a restaurant someday. I've started working on a menu, but I'm sure there are way more important things to think about when starting a restaurant, but hey its more fun this way. I have some really great ideas, but for now i just want to make sure i can offer a decent consistent menu and cook it all myself. The way i see it, if i can't cook it and my friends and family don't like it, why should i offer it? So that's where I'm starting. It will be a long road. But more on this later. For now, I am out of here!

it's not that the Irish are cynical,it's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody.~Brendan Behan.