Literature For the Illiterate »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quick like a bunny

I haven't posted for a while, not that I was busy or anything, in fact I've been lazy. Just working and trying to save money. It is hard to not spend money. Everything is expensive, even the worthless crap. Nothing in this world is free, but every gd damn thing is cheap. I really need to get some kind of savings going. Not so much for me, i am content paying the mortgage to keep the house and staying ahead of the bills, but i want Marley to be set up. I'm pretty sure buying a lottery ticket is not a sound financial investment, but hell with it i guess I'm just another stupid sucker with a dollar less in his pocket. Poker has been terrible as of late. I cashed out a good chunk of change and made the Full Tilt Poker gods angry, so now i cant win at all, not money, not even a damn hand. I know I'm not cursed, its just variance, and i will win again in time but i think i will try to follow my own advice and take a break. I'm off tomorrow and i cant wait, 17 minutes left and I'm off work, whoooo hoooo! Meghyn, Marley and I will make our way to the grocery store after i whip up some of the best damn omelette's on the planet. I'm excited, probably because i love food and love to cook. I might make something new, i always enjoy creating new variations of familiar meals. We shall see how that turns out. Tomorrow night is poker night (breaks only count online, duh, everyone knows that) hopefully we will get a huge turnout. The poker group keeps changing the only constant seems to be Meghyn, Trent, Myself, Steve, and Dan (although he misses some) and then we will have a few people alternating in and out, Grommon, Bryan, Erin, Lafe, Ken, Kristin, Mark, and a few others here and there. If we could get everyone to play the game would be huge. I think since we have it late on Fridays that limits some people, but the more the better. Someday we should have a huge game with bigger buy in and start it in the afternoon, that would be a blast. We can work on that, its going to be a long winter, and what the hell else are these people gonna do? "Snowboard? we're getting too old for that shit man"

So the other day I am on my way to work and get on the highway and this guy is going like 45mph in the right lane, so i go to pass him (I'm going about 65 and had just merged) i check and not one car is behind me. As soon as i get in the left lane this car is coming up on me at 100+ mph and i speed up to get around this other car, the speedy guy gets on my ass and honks, now normally it wouldn't bother me that this guy wants to speed, i could care less if he wrecks, but the fact that he honked really pissed me off, so i break checked him. and when he backs off i get over. He fly's by and i give him the wtf look when he leans over to give me the finger. There is no way i was in the wrong. Not sure what the point of this was but if you have ever done that then F U. If you speed, fine no one cares, but don't get mad at the guy who is playing by the rules cause he might not have car insurance and he might have a gun, so speed away and keep your horn and your finger to yourself.
/end rant

0 comments: