Literature For the Illiterate »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poker, WSOP? Marley is cooler than you, Meghyn is hotter than you, Fierce Beard=profit?

Back to work......... I had a nice couple of days off. Played poker on Friday and Sunday i won both games ;) brag post obviously. I've been getting better, but i think playing with the same group of friends over and over helps... everyone is really there to have fun and for 5 bucks its really just an excuse to hang out and be lazy at the same time. In any case i still feel i play pretty good and want to keep progressing. I have decided that i will qualify for the WSOP main event this year. I say that every year, but this will be the year i actually try. It might not be possible to go and play but i will try to win the seat regardless. The main event will be the week of Marley's first birthday, I don't want to miss it but i think she would forgive me cause by that day if I'm still in i would be on day 3 or 4 and if i get that far the payoff is HUGE, but if i bust i can hop back on a plane and be with her. We shall see, a guy can dream right? 10 million dollars? Yes please! Oh, and speaking of poker, i have decided to take a break from playing online. I have had TONS of success playing online but money is really tight right now and i cant afford to play because i cant afford to lose. I have been running bad and just not playing well, most likely because I've been playing with "scared money" and therefore making lay downs and calls i would normally make if i had a decent bank roll. So i will take this time off to read more books, analyze my game, and continue to improve my live game. OK, moving on.... i fold.


For those of you who don't know, or missed the memo, Marley is the cutest baby in the world. I know every parent says that, and they think they have the smartest, cutest baby, but they are all wrong and I'm right.. I'm sure of it. Have a look:


yes, the beard is fierce! And Marley is too cool to look at you...



Meghyn's the reason Marley is cute ...


enough said.

I feel very fortunate to have such a beautiful baby and a wonderful, smart, funny, hot girlfriend! I'm also glad we decided to get this house, even though our income has been cut in half i think working harder for it will make us appreciate it more. I know the hard times will pass, they always do, i just hope its soon! I want Meghyn to not be so stressed out about money, if i could turn the doom switch off i would. She has been very good about the whole money thing, but i can see its starting to wear on her, there is only so much one can take ya know? The good thing is we are both on the same page and we usually work things out together. I know things will get better, and i am confident we will be much better off, it's just a matter of time.

In other news, I have not heard anything more about the new job. Come on dealer! One time! I need this double up bad if i am to survive this very long tournament. I don't know if the job gods are the same as the poker gods, but at this point i would love to hear from either of them.

OK, i think were just about done for the day. I leave you with some Pirate jibber jabber....


-I’ve been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, A poet, a pawn and a king; I’ve been up and down and over and out, And I know one thing; Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race

Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.

0 comments: